Wednesday 24 November 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

Well the dawn of a new day saw all 3 of my flock ill with the current tummy bug sweeping the village. So, I thought it would be a good time to start on daughters Christmas Competition entry. She has to make a decoration from a toilet roll tube. The first thing that sprang to mind was a candle. Then I thought that might be too obvious and most other children would be doing that as well. She did win the competition last year so I have got standards to maintain! I also thought of a cracker, but in the end decided on a tree with the agreement of darling daughter!

So I got out the green paint and sat dd down with her little brother to paint a tube.


We waited for these to dry, then added some branches

All under the watchful eye of Woody!
She added some baubles which I retrieved from my stash of beads, and cut her own star topper out and stuck it to the top.
The completed tree. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her again this year, she won chocolate last year and I'm sure I would be owed a cut! All entries will be judged on 3 December.

No comments:

Post a Comment